About Me

Email me: cookingwitharegularguy@gmail.com

Monday, October 11, 2010

Afternoon Snack, Table for 1


"Big Ups" to the UK for checking out The Regular Guy -- and to my neighbors in the north, "Sup Canada?" Canada ia my home away from home...esepcially T Dot and Munchreal.

So...my wife was out of town this weekend, which means I was on "Mancation"...obviously, it was time to get seriously wild and crazy.

So, after hitting the Venice park yesterday with my 15 month old daughter, I put her down for a nap and broke out the goods...oh yeah, a whole smorgasbord of aged cheeses and some beauty figs...oh yeah, it was both wild and crazy. Those guys in the Hangover got nothing on me.

Seriously though, there's no finer afternoon treat than some bread, great cheese and some figs. Get some fig spread too while you're at it -- it's fantastic and makes any cheese even better. So next time you're at the market, spend a little time in the cheese section and make an investment. Aged cheeses last for a long time in the fride, and ther'yre great to have on hand for an impromtu get together or when your friends pop over. Get a nice blue, a manchego, a St. Andre, Etorki, and maybe another hard cheese, like a good parm to start, and venture out from there. May want to keep a decent bottle of dry riesling in the fridge, too, just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment